Problems with Google

It’s been several days, and I am having some problems using Google, and latest Brave (1.8.96) for OSX.

For example, in Maps, pressing enter after typing the address does nothing, I have to click on the magnifying glass for search to fire. Also, when the map is displays, clicking and holding on the map, and dragging around doesnt work either.

Also, when searching images. Using the keyboard arrow keys (left, right, etc) to cycle through all the image results is not working (this one has been like 1+ month, and is a hassle…)

Fired up the Chrome browser (and Safari too), and the above features work perfectly as expected.

And yes… Shields are down for Google, and it shows as such on the shield icon.

Thanks for any help

Hi @dogzipp, Welcome to Community!
I am able to hit enter to search on maps and use the arrow keys to navigate images.
Can you try creating a new profile and seeing if the issue persists?
Click on the menu icon in the top right corner > create a new profile.

It works with a new profile. What could the other profile have that makes it not work?

There might be an extension blocking this functionality.
Can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.