Problem with new phone and YouTube

So I got a new phone from Huawei and I am using the brave browser. because it has the background playback feature. but it doesn’t work well when I lock the screen. it will stop playing after a few minutes sometimes it last 10 minutes other times only seconds. and sometimes the browser crashes. if it didn’t crash the video will play again when I unlock the screen instantly. however It will play fine when I open other apps like right now I am typing this on the phone and playing a video in the background. but if I turn the screen off i will have some issues. and I still have my old phone and it works well on there. sometimes it wouldn’t switch to the next video in a Playlist automatically but that was not a big deal.

OK update it seems to work fine with live streams but not regular videos. I also tried the Vivaldi browser it has a similar feature but it has the same problem. I asked around online but almost nobody answers. but I think it only affects some phones.

Update I have found a solution but it’s not a great one. I have factory reseted my phone after the the entire phone beame broken and refused to open any apps. and now it works well

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.