Any video crashes Android within 10 seconds of playback

Any time I try to play a video (YouTube, Twitter, etc.) the video will play for about 10-15 seconds and then my phone will crash and I have to do a hard reset. Video works on dedicated video apps such as YouTube, VLC, etc but if I try it in the browser, it crashes every single time. Video works fine in Chrome, Firefox, etc. but not in Brave with shields on or off. This happening to anyone else?

No, @redbeardtx. It’s work well on my end – I watched YT for hours using Brave. Can you tell me your Brave version?

Currently running Brave v1.3.2. It didn’t always do this, the change happened a few weeks ago and I’ve been unable to watch any videos within the browser since then. Maybe someone else has had this problem before?

Thanks.

Can you add the device details? Have you enabled background media play? Do you have rewards enabled? Have you enabled any flags under chrome://flags?

1 Like

Same happens to me. Anything playing in the media player plays for a few moments and then all of a sudden everything freezes. The only thing that resumes is audio playback. I have to do a hard reset to recover. I’m running Brave 1.4.0 on a Razer Phone 2 with Android 9 right now, but this has been recurring for a while with earlier versions of Brave as well.

So I figured out a temporary fix. Go to Game Booster, add Brave to the Apps. Change resolution to 90 fps, and turn Anti-Aliasing ON. Hasn’t crashed since I did this, but still lags a bit. I found out it’s a Razer Phone 2 problem, not Brave (whoops, sorry Brave!)

1 Like

Oh man, thank you! I didn’t know if it was brave or the phone, thank you so much!

You’re welcome. I hope anyone else with this problem finds this thread and can temporarily bypass the issue. Ideally Razer will send out an update to fix it, but until then, this will have to do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.