PDF's won't download windows 10 using Kofax Power PDF10

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Cannot download Tenant handbook at https://calgaryhousingcompany.org/tenants-2-2/tenant-responsibilities/ for example and some other sites
  2. I can dowload pdf’s from Google

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave): V1.28.105

Additional Information: This is a new issue not previously experienced.

All right, apologies for my previous comment, looks like I didn’t test things completely.

Enabling Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Brave via brave://settings/content/pdfDocuments makes Brave unable to download the files listed under Useful External Links on the page from the first comment.

I confirm that disabling the mentioned option above resolves this issue.

The reason for that behavior is that Insecure content is blocked by default. Here is how to allow it for the website above. That should be the solution to your issue.

1. Open the website from the first comment.
  2. Click on the padlock icon in the address bar.
  3. Click on Site settings.
  4. Find Insecure content and set it to Allow.
1 Like

Thank you, that solved it, are you also tell me if there is a way to confirm and change SAVE location for external pdf viewer instead of saving to default location /downloads every time?

1 Like

The only option in Brave regarding downloads is over here → brave://settings/downloads.

Thanks - I have it set to ask where to save each download but it doesn’t. I just saves to default location every time without asking.

1 Like

It might be related to the other application, it works all right for me when Brave is configured as default PDF viewer. Check that application’s settings for such an option. Those are the only downloads preferences in Brave.

Hi Rethanis, No, I checked with Kofax Power PDF and they said it is a browser issue so I checked my settings at brave://settings/downloads and it is set to ask where to save file before each download. Then I checked brave://settings/content/pdfDocuments?search=pdf and it is set to download pdf files instead of automatically opening them. So there is really two settings at play here and I’m not sure they work well together.

1 Like

@mike103 could you please check the following whenever you have the opportunity:

1. Check whether the same behavior is present in other Chromium-based browsers, preferably check Google Chrome’s behavior.
  2. Check whether there is an issue when Brave is set as your default PDF viewer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.