Can't save PDF. Says Not responding

Can’t save pdf files. Brave downloads the file as a .tmp but won’t save it. Here’s a screen shot. I can rename the temp file in my downloads before forcing the window to close and it removes the temp file. Doing it that way is a bit of an inconvenience. Using Version 1.25.70 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 and the latest version of Windows.

@sferraro963,
Thanks for reaching out.
I"m wondering if you have any extensions installed at this time? If so, can you try disabling them temporarily and test downloading a PDF to see if this changes the behavior? I’m also curious if this behavior occurs when downloading any PDF file?

I have 2 extensions, Dashlane password and UBlock Origin and I did disable them to see if it made a difference but it didn’t. If the page opens the pdf I can view it but if I try to download it crashes and I have to cancel the download. If the pdf goes directly to the download it freezes instantly. Just curious why some pdf links open in the browser and others go directly to download?

Can I go back to a previous version and how do I control updates to allow me to choose when and if I want to update?

@sferraro963,
I would highly recommend staying updated as each update contains important security/chromium updates. Can you please try clearing your cache/browsing data and see if you get the same results when trying to download PDF files?

I’ve all ready done that and it makes no difference. Again is there a way to go back to a a previous version that works properly for me. That is the only solution I can see for now. I shouldn’t be forced to use a version that isn’t working for me a this time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.