PDF preview blank

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Click on any pdf file in Brave web broswer and a new tab will open that is blank. Refreshing the tab does not help. The new window remains blank, but the url bar contains the appropriate pdf link. Right clicking on the link and selecting open in a new tab or a new window also opens a blank web page as above. The shields icon reports no blocks and it also does not work if I disable shields for the site.

This is one example of the pdf problem : http://www.getzooz.com/downloads/zooz-z-wave-plus-4-in-1-sensor-zse40-ver2-manual.pdf

Right clicking on the link and selecting open in a private window DOES open the PDF in the Brave window as designed.

Expected result:

PDF file will open inside the Brave browser

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 0.68.142 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows OS 10 version 1903 build 18362.356

Additional Information:

I have turned off download PDF file in Brave’s advanced site settings.

@digitalMedic,
Thanks for reaching out. The PDF file you linked to seems to work fine on my end:

You’re saying this is the case for any/all PDF files? Can you try viewing the BAT whitepaper and see if it also displays blank?

1 Like

The BAT whitepaper also comes up blank.

I did some more exploring online and found an article suggesting it may be an errant extension. I isolated the problem to a plugin called ProWritingAid, which is a spelling and grammar checker. I will email them about the problem. Thanks for your quick reply.

Rick

2 Likes