Pairing Error: messages.android on Windows 10 (64-bit) - tried Allow All Cookies

bug

Description of the issue:
On Brave browser, my messages.android.com will not work – it shows Pairing Error. I googled the issue and there was a previous Brave tech answering this question, suggesting that we use the dropdown and enable ALL cookies, which i promptly did. however, despite closing and reopening Brave again, i still cannot pair to messages.android.com. Please kindly help. Thank you sir/madam in advance.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. open tab and use url of messages.android.com

2. unable to continue as there is a pop up message saying “Pairing Error”, thus NOT allowing to move forward at all!

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Always - constant.

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 0.60.48 Chromium: 72.0.3626.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
yes

Additional Information:

0 Likes

@Dualmonitors Thanks for reaching out!. Can you enable All cookies allowed in the shield and try again. It should work as I just tried it on my Windows 10 x64 machine.

Please revert back if it doesn’t work.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Messages.android.com gives an error every time

That works, but now all cookies are enabled. Is that the only fix to resolve?

Either way, this worked and I wanted to say thanks!

0 Likes

i resolved the Messages for Web issue. now, it is connected properly.

the issue was actually i had to turn wifi on my cell off, and turn it back on, so the cellphone re-logs back into my home wifi, then it worked.

new problem, please:

i turn my computer on around 9am and leave it on all day until roughly 11pm.

in the mornings, i discovered when i click the Brave icon in my quick launch, often, the brave browsers (several browsers are open at all times on my pc as i use two large monitors with a lot of screen real estate) would briefly flash and immediately disappear. the short time it flashes is like around 1/3rd of a second only! very short time.

that means since the brave browsers didn’t open when i clicked quick launch, as the several browser windows merely flashed and disappeared, i will almost every single morning have to re-launch the brave browser (using the same quick launch that i clicked merely moments ago with the failed launch), and open several brave browsers in several windows and re-setup my desktop to my usual liking.

this is a hassle as the screen sizes are substantial (my main monitor in the middle is 41" or 42", and my side monitor is a 24" turned portrait), so setting up several brave browser windows requires time and careful moving of the browser windows to make everything fit nicely again. doing this every single morning is a chore.

i’m wondering why more days i have to do this, and only rarely, for example, oddly, this morning, i did NOT have to do this? this morning, it behaved the way i expected it to: that is, i clicked quick launch brave icon, and 3 brave browser windows opened up in their expected locations.

thank you in advance.

look forward to hearing your reply/solution, hopefully.

happy sunday to you all!

0 Likes

closed #5
0 Likes