Open File "With" .... How To Set

Description of the issue: Setting for telling Brave how to handle downloaded files … in this case, banking info into Quicken ( .qfx file ). Right now, it just pops up with the “where to download” window … where as in Firefox, the window for choosing how to handle the file pops up … again, in this case, being able to select to open the file “in” Quicken, not just download it.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Win 10 … latest Dev version.

Thanks!
Richard

Hi, the Firefox window asking you how to open the file seems to me to be something Firefox own. I don’t usually know it from the Windows area.

In short: You could write a suggestion in the Feature Request section to submit it later. I haven’t (yet) seen this feature in Brave.

Longer, but also interesting:
You can also click on “Show all” -> “Show in folder” directly after downloading (with Brave) and then right-click on the file to select “Open with”.
The path is longer, but the result is the same.

Edit:
I guess it’s also important to note that Brave is developing in its own direction, not becoming a Firefox successor. :muscle:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Hmmm, OK … Thank you for the info!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.