I love Brave but, for months now, I haven’t been seeing embedded tweets in any article on any website when using Brave on MacOS. Yes, I have the latest update of Brave and the latest update of MacOS Monterey. This issue has been going on for months, so this has happened with multiple recent Brave updates and MacOS updates that have come out in recent times.
When opening those same articles that include embedded tweets, I see the embedded tweets with Brave on mobile and I see them with any other browser on MacOS. But no embedded tweets are shown on Brave for MacOS (for me).
And I feel like I’ve done it all, before someone suggests something obvious.
- I’ve tried disabling shields for those websites that had the embedded tweets (maybe Brave was mistakenly blocking the tweets thinking they’d be ads), but it didn’t work.
-I’ve tried disabling shields for twitter.com and then seeing if embedded tweets showed in other pages/articles. Nope.
- I’ve checked dozens of times if the option to see embedded Twitter posts was on in my browser or if it was ever accidentally turned off. Nothing – the option has always been on and yet those embedded tweets haven’t been showing for months.
- I’ve looked at alllll the flags in brave://flags/ as well as all the settings and there’s just nothing there to address this issue or fix it.
- I’ve even tried to delete Brave(!) and reinstalled it. Nothing.
- I’ve also left one Brave sync chain and joined a new one to see if perhaps some weird settings had carried over in syncing things. Didn’t fix it.
- I recently changed my Macbook since I got one of the new ones with M1 Pro. Brave on the new Macbook didn’t fix this issue. (Yes, I made sure I am running the Brave for M1 app, but that’s besides the point and definitely didn’t fix the problem, either).
It feels like there’s nothing on my end (in Brave settings on MacOS) that I can change to fix this. Help? Thanks.