Embedded tweets not displaying

Description of the issue:
When I navigate to a website that has embedded tweets. the actual tweet does not appear. Only the text and a link to the tweet. If I use Chrome or Edge, the embedded tweet shows up as expected
How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Go to https://twitchy.com/ and open up one of the headline items
2.Here is a screen shot of what I see:

Expected result:
Here is what I see when I go to the same page in Microsoft Edge:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.16.76, Chromium 86.0.4240.198 (64-bit)
Additional Information:
Shields are complete down for this website, and the setting for “Allow Twitter embedded tweets” is turned on

FYI, this works fine in the Android version on my LG smartphone. That one is version 1.16.75, Chormium 86.0.4240.193

1 Like

It seems to load up fine for me. Your first screenshot looks like that’s a default view, but for me your correct view then loads up after a second or two…

Is there a different setting that I should be using? This problem has come and gone several times, with no interaction from me.

I’m not doing anything different… just straight accessing the site… just checked my mac box and it’s fine as well…

I found the source of my problem. For some reason, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials was blocking the display of embedded tweets. Once I removed the extension, they displayed as expected. Not sure if there’s a setting to prevent this, but for now, I’m not using it.

1 Like

good on you for finding the issue… the only thing might suggest is combing through the extension’s preferences to see if there is a setting to not do that…

edit: there is the setting in DDG settings… If you ungrey the switch in the screenshot you should be back to your tweeing ways…

edit #2: lol… the extension seems broken… tweets still don’t expand… oh well… I left a note on unistallation of the problem…

edit #3: you can add site as unprotected site in the bottom of settings which make twitchy.com work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.