Not loading certain websites (blank pages)

The issue is that I can’t seem to load certain websites. Brave only displays a blank page.
I could imagine that it would be with some obscure website. However this concerns Wikipedia and Patreon (maybe more, but haven’t found any others for now).

This issue can maybe be reproduced by visiting any page on the mentioned websites. Not one page on these sites loads.

Brave Version( check About Brave): v1.46.140

P.s. it even persists if I pull the shields down for these websites

1 Like

Hello there @MrRB could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the pages load? If they do load, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestions. When I tried a moment ago, I found out that Wikipedia didn’t open the article through google’s text link, but DID open the article when I clicked the picture (in the google search results). Then I tried the Wikipedia pages in the guest window, this worked. Then I tried (a different article from before) in the normal Brave browser again and it opened both with the text link and the photo link in Google.

So now the issue seems resolved…

Thanks again for your help and insight

1 Like

@MrRB my pleasure and glad to know that everything is working as it should. If you have any other comments or concerns, please let me know or open a new community post so we can further assist you.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.