How do I recover my tabs after installing new browser version?

I typically have about 100 tabs open. The last time that I brought up Brave, all my tabs were missing. History is intact. However, history shows everything past, with tons of redundancy. All I would like to see is previously open tabs, not every time that I opened and closed a web page. (Some tabs are many months old, so purusing through history would require an unreasonable effort).

As near as I can tell, the only profile option is “Profile 1”.
I do not see a “Profiles” button on the address bar. How do I get buttons to display?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Note that I usually “Sleep” my computer rather than shutting down. Or sometimes just close the lid. At that point, I might or might not have closed Brave. I prefer that everything that I have been working on is up and available at all times.

Brave Version 1.42.88 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit).
(The last time that I brought up Brave, I had 1.42.86. It must have been an automatic update).

Windows Home 10, 64-bit.

Do you have this enabled in Settings?

Hi, Jim.

Yes, I do have “Continue where you left off” selected.

Thank you for taking the time to ask me, though.

Regards,
David

OK, thanks.

Normally, if you have that option selected, Brave should re-open with all the same tabs open (not counting any that were open in a Private window).

If this isn’t happening, it’s possible that it crashed in such a way that that session’s tab state was lost. It should be fairly rare but it can happen.

On the other hand, some extensions can meddle with the normal behavior. If you have any extensions installed and this behavior is consistent then I would suggest disabling them until you see if the behavior improves.

Beyond this, if you require more durability than the browser itself can offer, something like Tab Session Manager might be to your liking.

Thanks for the tips, Jim.

I think that it was caused by a rare combination of events.
I do not like to close windows with work in progress. Their presence reminds me of what I am working on.

I ignore Microsoft updates because they require a reboot, so I sleep the computer instead of shutting down, or just leave it on with the screen off. Sometimes, Windows gets impatient and does a cold reboot and upgrade without permission. That happened at the exact same time as a new Brave version update.

You are probabley right about my needing a session manager.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.