No BAT for background ads from last 3-4 days

Will I face any kind of problem if I will change my language like to en-US . Will I get flagged or something for this. I’m not receiving rewards for viewing the bg ads in my own region.

@numaankhan07 Which device are you on? What is your device region in system settings? What is your locale on brave://rewards-internals/ >> Ad diagnostics.

Changing language should not create a problem. Don’t change your device region, keep it where you belong. And keep your language either to one that matches your region or is close to your region, country-wise.

Do you see any error in brave://rewards-internals/ >> Logs >> Refresh? Don’t post your logs you can just mention.

I’m using an android device with OS android 11.
I kept the region same and I changed the language in device settings from en-IN to
en-US
I checked the logs and they are same as previous ones.

@Aman_M Thanks for the hints. I did a bit of checking in the Ad diagnostics. It seems like it is showing the limits exceeded. However, my BATs are same from last few days, so not sure how it can exceed the cap. I guess that the day may be calculated based on UTC. So this is the first access for me today, so it cant be exceeding the daily cap.

The background ads are from: “Brave Wallet” with 2 unique ones.
Here are the logs:

campaignId _______ has exceeded the dailyCap frequency cap
[VERBOSE2:exclusion_rules_base.cc(123)] creativeSetId ________ has exceeded the totalMax frequency cap
[VERBOSE2:exclusion_rules_base.cc(123)] campaignId ________ has exceeded the dailyCap frequency cap
[VERBOSE2:exclusion_rules_base.cc(123)] creativeSetId _______ has exceeded the totalMax frequency cap

Also, the pop-up ads are also not coming many from last 2-3 days. For example, whole of yesterday, I got just 1 ad. On Friday, got total of 5 ads for the entire day. And on Thursday, just 1 ad again.
Not sure if brave is not getting any ads from the customers or is there any other issue.

@Aman_M or @steeven Could you please help ?

I finally solved by keeping the Region to “Italy” and switching Regional Format to “English (Malta)”. This seems to work as Malta is a small sovereign nation very close to Italy and where both English and Italian are spoken.

1 Like

@MSxyz It didnt work for me at first.
Then I deleted all the keyboard layouts and added a new one with just “English” without any locale again. It worked now! I am getting the BATs for background ads. Thanks!

So I believe that some change in the Brave browser caused this issue. Because, I haven’t changed this settings. May be 8-10 months ago when I reset the laptop. Anyway, good that it started to work. Hopefully, this will also help in getting the normal pop-up ads as usual, as I am seeing only 2-3 ads for the entire day from last 1 week.

1 Like

Same!!! I’ve been saying there’s something wrong EVERYONE can’t have exceeded the cap and the month JUST started it’s crazy. Please fix the problem ASAP

1 Like

@MSxyz Glad it worked out for you. And shout-out to the small sovereign state for speaking English, right? :wink:

@y2k Good to know. When you changed your keyboard layout to just “English”, what does it say on brave://rewards-internals/ >> Ad diagnostics >> Locale? I’m just curious. Is this same as your Device Region?

Also the verbose logs mentioned by @y2k are normal because each Ad campaign has daily/weekely/monthly/Max frequency caps. You can check here- https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/v2/. This is not a problem.

@numaankhan07 What is your device region?

I would add that this criterion for supporting NTP SI from different regions can be very tricky for users who set their Device Language very different than their native Region. Brave has been working on it for quite some time now- https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/4174

However, in most cases there are some combinations of settings that work but these may not work all the time. Some progress here is needed. Link to original post- User Feedback - Recommendation - Don't Make Computer Language Synonymous with Region

@Aman_M Yes, It now shows the correct region.

Regarding the daily cap, what i said was that the error should not have come since that was the first usage today, and it can’t be reaching the max cap. Also, I doubt it even reaches a weekly cap since none of the sponsored image ads were counted to the BATs for last 5 days atleast. BUt anyway, it is seems to be working.

@Aman_M Could you please let me know if there is any reduction of ads in Germany. I used to get 4/5 ads on an average per hour before, but since Jan the numbers are reducing. And, getting just 2-3 ads per entire day from last week (even with min 10 hours of usage per day).

@y2k Those caps exist for NTP SI and Ad notifications both.

It’s possible. But only you can tell, and you will have to periodically monitor- https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/v2/. Ads will reduce if you hit those limits. I’m also getting few ads these days, it’s normal. And not that Brave is working against some countries. When new capaign comes or old campaigns are updated, you are likely to get more ads then.

Cheers!

@Aman_M Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s india. I changed my language back to en-IN and I think it worked

1 Like

@Aman_M Sorry to bother again.
It seems like the tab ads again stopped working for me. In one of the laptop(using mac, with beta brave) I am getting the BATs for crypto.com ads. But in the other one, it stopped updating the BATs. I checked the history and verified that I havent received any crypto.com ads for last week or so. So, the daily/weekly cap cant reach. In ad-diagnostics, I have this error.

Failed to fire new tab page ad event due to missing creative instance id ____
INFO:conversions.cc(198)] URL is not supported for conversions

Any ideas ?

UPDATE : @Aman_M Now the tab ad for crypto.com started giving the BAT. It’s been almost 6 hours since I logged in. Somehow, on and off facing this issue.

The log you mentioned means you got a NTP Ad that was not from your region. Just a clarification- You are in Germany, your device region must be Germany and what does brave://rewards-internals/ >> Ad diagnostics >> Locale say? (You can post a screenshot).

Yes, in Germany. Locale also showing as en-DE.
Screenshot:

Just to clarify, it is working now after a gap of almost 6 hours.

@y2k May be just some hiccups. This setting should always work. Sometimes a campaign expires but browser hasn’t fetched new Ad catolg yet, this can be solved just by a relaunch and waiting for a moment.

Yeah, thought so. I did try relaunching the browser. But out of nowhere, suddenly it started to work. Thanks anyway.

Also, @Aman_M I want to know if it is possible to use both stable and beta browser on the same machine? Will the ads be shown in half in each browser if both the ones are used together? Or will it be considered as normal and can get ads in the same rate. I need to use multiple browsers, and was wondering if I should try brave beta?
If the ads are reduced by half in each, then no point in wasting a Gemini slot. Could you please confirm this?

@y2k Go ahead. You can use Brave Beta. It will work as standalone browser and Ads won’t be halved.

1 Like