Newbie Looking for Possible Setup Issues

Hi, newbie here, I’ve set up the browser, opened the wallet and turned ads on. I have turned on the “get notifications from apps and other senders” option in the windows notification center. I have also put ad frequency at 5 per hour. However, I have yet to see a single ad. I am not running any video in the background, no youtube or anything (I’ve read this may cause isssue with notifications not showing up). Is there something I have forgotten to do?

**Brave Version Version 0.68.142 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
**Windows 10, latest updates installed
**Additional Information: I often have some pdfs open in the background, don’t see any reason why they might cause problems. I use f.lux and Greenshot which are usually open in the drawer only, but I see how they might potentially cause issues, though I have found no thread mentioning them.

Ah, I see the service is actually only active for some countries. I’m in Italy and it does not seem to be a supported region. Anyone know when they’ll implement Italy as well?
Alternatively, is it okay to use a vpn to “change country” and use brave from a US or German server? I mean, I am not only asking if it works but also if it is considered in any way a breach of the terms or in any case something that should be avoided.
Thanks in advance to anyone with any info on the matter, I was really looking forward to using Brave but it makes no sense if I am in a region where it doesn’t work properly.

@Frospix,
Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time, Ads are not available in Italy – but they will be soon! I believe you should have access to Brave Ads after the next major browser update:

1 Like

thanks for the info! will stay tuned