Not seeing any notification ads (only on the homescreen)

I can only see ads on the homescreen of Brave (when I open up new tabs). I am not getting any ads that show up as notifications.

I have done the suggestions mentioned in in the forum here about testing my notifications (they work), using the Brave Beta browser instead and so forth yet nothing seems to work.

I’ve been using Brave a couple months now and it’s been like this since the beginning. I’m located in Italy, which is an approved country. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@mindlasher It might help if you can share a little bit more information. Such as:

• What device are you using?
  • Which version of the Brave browser are you on?
  • How are you connecting to the internet (such as, are you using a VPN?)
  • If using a computer, is your Locale set in the same region as your IP address?

I know there’s more, but I forget what they were. Sadly I am trying to respond at a time I should be in bed! lol. The reasons for asking that additional information is it kind of points at the things that might be creating issues.

That part aside, I would like to also let you know that there have been issues in Italy area for a while. Though there are campaigns, there aren’t necessarily “a lot” of them. To top it all off, ads are generated based on your location and other information, even within a certain region. It can be possible to go without ads for a while if you happen not to be the type of person those ads are wanting to target. This can especially be the case for people living on the border between two countries, particularly for those on the border of a country that isn’t in a supported region.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
-I am using a Macbook Pro (mid 2015 model) running os 10.13.
-My Brave browser is 1.34.80.

-I connect directly to the internet without a VPN

• My locale was actually not set to Italy, so I’ve just switched it to Italy now. I didn’t know that made a difference. Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it out to see if it makes a difference.

Since I’ve been using it for more than a month I figured there would have been some ads after this long. The other strange thing is that I do see the ads on the tabs homescreen so I figured if they show there, then why not as notifications.

I wanna ask you something can you please help?

@mindlasher Never heard back from you. Is everything working since you did that?

1 Like

Unfortunately it did not work. It’s still the same as before – no notification ads at all, only on the homescreen.

The reason why I think there’s a technical issue here is because it’s been about two months now and I haven’t seen a single ad. That I’d find strange since Italy is a country that gets ads. I live in the middle of the country, so nowhere near a border. And I generally am the type who advertising would want to target because I noticed most of the ads on the homescreen are for crypto and I go to a lot of crypto sites regularly.

Same issue, with almost the same parameters. Maybe MacOs settings issue?

Yeah, I’m not even sure what to say anymore. There was a time where I was trying to help give general advice and get people on board but I keep seeing a large amount of post were people just aren’t seeing ads are not even getting their BAT. When I did see that get resolved it usually was a result of people having to message Steeven, Mattches, or SaltyBanana.

Unfortunately there does seem to be a lot of issues within the system and we don’t get the clear cut in fast communication that we should be getting from Brave. I do know they said they are in the middle of trying to add more resources and get us better support here. In the meanwhile it’s primarily just been the same handful of people who’s trying to help everybody. Which unfortunately it’s just not possible, at least not in the time that it should be taking

1 Like

I also talked to them more than once, but they either didn’t answer or they asked me for information and then disappeared. I don’t know how many people work for the company, but I also see Brave as too big for their capacity.

@LordQuatar Yeah, you kind of hit the nail on the head. I’ve recently been talking to various people within the company and they acknowledge need to handle more. Believe it or not, it’s said that Mattches used to be the only one handling this forum until about 2 years ago. Now it’s just about 3 people, give or take. Most of what we see as Leaders and all are developers or people working on the back end, so they don’t come to the forums often.

But to match what you said:

https://twitter.com/w0ts0n/status/1488198795976486918?s=20&t=VkPig1-dIrnQhBQ6s_EvxQ

And prior to that:

https://twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/1487974974887395329?s=20&t=VkPig1-dIrnQhBQ6s_EvxQ

So they are at least acknowledging issues and working towards solutions. And when I mentioned the idea of getting more “volunteers” trained to help with basic issues, it was responded that:

https://twitter.com/lukemulks/status/1488719082123771904?s=20&t=VkPig1-dIrnQhBQ6s_EvxQ

Guess all we can do is sit back, watch, and wait. We’ll see if they do indeed ramp things up and get to everyone. But in the meanwhile, have to realize that Fanboynz is the primary one talking to everyone on issues with adblock and all.

Steeven, Mattches, and SaltyBanana are the ones trying to handle everything else overall. We do have some other staff and all who chips in and helps where they can, but they usually are spending bulk of their time working on things behind the scenes. So yeah, the entirety of Brave Community is ran by those handful of people.

1 Like

Are you using a gaming mouse? These things sometimes interfere with the way the ad system works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.