New popup ads that open in new tab

Recently rule34hentai finds a way to randomly open an ad in a new tab when clicking anywhere on the site. doesn’t happen every time, but about every 5-10 clicks or so it’ll open a random website that will redirect to an ad. I tried toying around with different shield settings, and the only thing that worked was installing ublock origin. this makes me think that it should be a small fix for you guys

Exact URL of the website in question: rule34hentai.net

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave: cant record a video and a screenshot of the site doesnt help since the popup ads change sites frequently, but look at my history, any site there that isnt rule34hentai is the popup ad.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? turning off shields makes the site worse as its loaded with ads. shields still successfully blocks ads from appearing on the site itself, other than these popup website ads that have started appearing.

Does the ad appear when using a Private window as well? (yes/no) yes

What OS are you using when you see the ad? Windows 11

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.62.156

@thegoldmolar I just tested and have no issues. You can see history below to see I clicked around and gave it time. :

Make sure your Shields settings are good. For example:

And my general/global Shields settings:

1 Like

I rolled out a fix for the site @thegoldmolar

2 Likes

thank you both! @Saoiray I had those settings set when I made the post, anyways I can confirm that this doesn’t happen anymore

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.