After a while, a new tab with ads site automatically opens

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue: After a while, a new tab with ads site automatically opens. I catch this bug on work PC and home PC, I have different extension between these staision.

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

When ads site opening Brave Shield doesn’t react on this

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@Spatz,
Can you share an example of the type of site that opens randomly on your end? Can you also tell me if you’re using Windows OS?

@Mattches

Hello, sorry for the long answer. Yes I’m using Windows 10 Pro. Right now was opened site. I can’t understand who is initiator of this action and how fix it. I thought about viruses but it it happens with two different PC stations

@Spatz,
Did the site launch/appear randomly, or did you click on a notification to launch the site?

@Mattches

No, I didn’c click notifications, site that I posted yesterday was opened while I watched youtube. It was on home PC. but now I connected to the work PC via RDP and in browser was already opened site. In the adjacent tabs are open Jira and localhost.

Does the Brave browser have logs from which we can understand who and when open advertising sites?

@Spatz,
Have you run a malware check on your machine yet? May be worth it as it sounds like you may have come across some.

1 Like

@Mattches, hi!

I scanned a work PC and home PC,

Work PC:

Home PC:

Nothing detected :frowning:

Also I removed Google Chrome on work PC. Re-check found nothing.

1 Like

@Spatz,
Hmm, that’s certainly very strange. I double checked to make sure we didn’t have a Brave ad campaign running for that site. I would recommend clearing all cache/site data in Brave and see if it clears this up.

Is this the only site that appears this way?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.