My unfortunate experience as a Brave Creator so far

So, I was really excited about the concept of Brave, and I have publicly supported it when criticised in this forum, but unfortunately my experience with Rewards/Creator has been terrible, and now I’ve accumulated enough info to make it worthwhile to report (IMO).

As someone who runs websites, I keenly set them up with my Brave Creator account when I discovered the Creators programme. In order to evaluate the system, I focused my Brave browsing on the sites.

What did I earn in the last six months?

This is my balance in Uphold:

I haven’t made any withdrawls or credits. I’ve just let Brave do its thing:

Brave giveth, and it taketh away:

Perhaps this is the auto-contribution system. Fair enough - I’d expect some withdrawls. However, the contributions should be going back to me, as I’m using Brave to browse my own websites, and most months I adjusted the rewards settings so that contributions only went to my sites (selfish, I know - but I wanted to see if the system was working as promised).

It’s possible I’ve done something wrong, and maybe there’s another Uphold account somewhere else that’s full of BAT. However, when I use the Creators dashboard and click on the “Uphold” link against my busiest site (https://caption.me/) I see the following:

Nothing. No evidence of any funds. This is despite several months statements showing there should be some money going in (or somewhere, at least).

Example:

I sent my full logs etc privately to Brave Support, but they told me it was probably Uphold’s problem. But I don’t know what I’d say if I were to follow this up with Uphold Support. This seems very much a problem with Brave’s accounting.

I would hope Brave’s team would take a more serious look into this, rather than palming the issue off on the wallet provider, as I’m sure I can’t be the only Creator seeing this issue.

Anyone else managed to earn any money on the Creators programme? Did it end up in your Uphold wallet? Am I doing something wrong?

I feel like there’s a pretty serious bug in Brave Rewards or the Creators programme here, and the user experience on the Creators dashboard is terrible. I should be able to navigate to the wallet, and see the funds. Instead, I’m navigated to some kind of “card” in Uphold which shows no activity.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.