My screen is flickering black periodically

Also try testing by creating new profile

@scavxo

I already did that several times.

@Kevin_cc

I donā€™t have any themes installed. I do use a wallpaper in the new tab section but I donā€™t think that would be the cause at allā€¦

I of course use Dark mode, but I dont think swapping into Light mode would be any different. I also want to add on that awhile ago, it started blinking several times and it hurt my eye.

(Side note, I was deleting my comments because each time I pressed reply, and then tag someone, it would turn my comment into a standalone one until I did it again. Ill just tag on standalone comments)

Awhile ago, I turned on Open GL with Vulkan, and I dont see any screen flickering, however iā€™ve noticed another slightly disturbing thing.

The tabs when I drag my mouse cursor over it is showing a Black outline around the shown tab descriptions. The same goes for when I click on profiles. Hereā€™s what I mean:

update

1 Like

To update again:
Iā€™ve noticed that there is screen tearing upon having on both OpenGL and Vulkan option in Flags on.

1 Like

@Radon do you have the card with preview option enabled on your settings? To check this go to brave://settings/appearance > Tab hover mode > Tooltip, to see if the issue persist.

Regards.

@Kevin_cc So iā€™ve noticed that nothing has really changed. I had done a factory reset on my laptop, which has also not worked.

From what I could probably tell, I think it has become less frequent. Iā€™m not all that sure yet.

1 Like

@Kevin_cc Alright I feel like im starting to notice the potential source of things. When I watched a twitter video for example, upon playing it, only that was flickering, but everything else wasnā€™t. I couldnā€™t replicate it doing it again for some reason, but upon full screening it, that is when it happened again. https://streamable.com/horows

I moved my mouse and it started blinking if youā€™ve noticed.
When it came to Youtube, at times, scrolling would cause the flickering.

1 Like

Could you please try uninstalling your mouse drivers and installing them again or use a different mouse to see if the screen flickers when scrolling down?

It still persists and I had did a factory reset before.

1 Like

Did you try uninstalling display drivers or checking your monitor cables?

@LWatson58 My bad for the late response, I was dealing with finals.

I have a laptop, so I dont have monitor cables. As for the display drivers, I have. I actually have reset my laptop a few times. I had to do it once again because my disk drive has an issue for some reason. But that issue went away when I resetted the laptop. I am still dealing with some of the flickering though.

1 Like

Which GPU does your Laptop have? And does your Laptop meet the requirements for that game?

@Kevin_cc

Strangely, I donā€™t see the same issues on the game I play unless I start turning on OpenGL. But the Blinking is mainly happening when there is a video or something.

As for what GPU my laptop has, its an NVIDIA GTX 1060

1 Like

@Radon thanks for the information, Iā€™ve shared this with our team and Iā€™m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

@Radon have you tried in other browsers? Iā€™m curious if you get the behavior there too

If youā€™re up for it, I would report the issue to nVidia here:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/

They are always looking for reports - chances are this is happening in any Chromium related browser (Chrome, Edge, Opera, etc) and theyā€™re pretty good about fixing things. Chromium does have an allow/block-list which will detect incompatible setups and automatically turn off hardware acceleration in those cases. But that wouldnā€™t solve this

Please let us know

@Kevin_cc Thanks

@clifton I mentioned that I tried chrome in this post already. The screen flickering wasnā€™t present, but there was some odd lag when on youtube when I was scrolling. I began feeling this same weird lag on the Brave Browser for awhile now when I watch videos. Im still dealing with that same flickering, and it seems to happen when I scroll or just kind of randomly at the same time that weird lag is present. It doesnā€™t lag the video, but its like when I scroll, I could feel it as it goes kind of slow.

If you say they deal with stuff like this, I wouldnā€™t mind trying something there. But if anything can be thought up here, that would be a good help too.

Im actually starting to feel like this is mainly an issue whenever I have a video playing. The blinking issue stems from that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.