My Main Profile was deleted by mistake, I want to recover

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

I want to know how to recover my deleted profile I need urgent help

Sorry, I think you are out of luck if it was truly ‘deleted’ and you don’t have backups, or have much of the data syncing to a Brave Sync chain. :frowning:

there is no way to do a recovery or does Brave not back up the files?

Well, Brave saves the files in your profile directory. If you want to back them up, then that is up to you – or you can synchronize your settings, Bookmarks, etc. to a Brave Sync chain.

But, just in case I’m assuming too much – how did you delete the profile?

You could try looking in %LOCALAPPDATA%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data and see if any of the ‘Default’ or ‘Profile*’ folders has what you’re looking for. But if you used the in-browser profile deletion then it’s likely gone, as it prompts you before doing so that it will delete all of that profile’s browsing data.

Hi

Try this, supposing you have system protection ON:

Open Windows settings and search for recovery, click on recovery, then open system restore; Try restoring pc to an earlier date.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.