Brave crashed, now everything gone

Hello,

I was just opening brave as usual but after clicking the button it did not open. So after a while I opened the task manager and killed the brave process. But after that, when I started brave again, a strange window opened where I had to add a profile, which I did, but now everything is gone. My extensions, my browser history etc.

How can I get back my data?

Thanks in advance

Version 1.9.76 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3 Likes

Can you make sure you’ve no “accidentally” created a new profile? Circle icon at upper right.

Hi, @Darkkross. @eljuno may be headed this way, but you can also check for profiles in Explorer. Here are a couple of related posts that should be helpful with the caveat that before you try any of the things described, you should create backup copies of whatever profile folders are there. Bear in mind that the file structures are essentially the same across all platforms with slight path differences, so posts showing macOS can still be useful to Windows/Linux folks and vice versa.

2 Likes

I’m on POpOS linux running Beta . Never had one problem with it untill Today ??

Crashes ? All OS updates done ? No new Profile ! No crash reports ? Strange ?!

Version 1.11.55 Chromium: 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

I will create a new PROFILE by REMOVEING and re-create my profile ! I wish it would Sync to my Google account ?! I do that manually by removing and letting it recreate a Brave profile based on my Chrome one ?! Its the Beta version So I am not worried, Just an interesting coincidence ?! I disabled the Background wall paper ? No difference ! I suppose I could try the stable release as well. Cheers

1 Like

New profile creation Crashes, Delete Cache etc, Still Crashes… Removing Now !

11/6
Still rolling strong ZERO issues , I will document Profile size etc if it crashes again… All extension re added no problems. l8r

Removed Brave Beta, Reinstalled , Synced with Chrome profile… ALL Stable again ?! Maybe a cache size / Profile size issue ??

Version 1.11.55 Chromium: 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) Same version !? cheers

Been stable as it ever was ? no other change other Remove Totally and Re-install … I Would recommend that Keeping everything , passwords , Bookmarks etc UPTO date in Chrome and Brave so that In case things happen there is a Cloud backup of ones setting. Cheers Google cloud <> Brave sync would be nice ?!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.