Accidentally deleted profile wiping out my tabs and bookmarks - Please help!

After creating a 2nd profile and not requiring it, whilst deleting I ended up wiping my original profile and losing all my tabs, history, passwords and bookmarks on my pc using windows 10
As this is probably something which has happened to other users can somebody please tell me how I can recover them :slight_smile:

I have seen something about backups but I don’t know if I have them - How do I find them and restore if this is the way?

Thanks

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Hi @Pindu
You could try going to C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default and seeing if the Default folder is there/if there is anything in there. Default will be your original profile, any other new profiles will be called Profile 1, Profile 2 and so on. I’ve not come across a case of someone deleting the profile themselves. Unfortunately there is not much else we can do if it’s deleted.

Thanks - I’ve been unable to find this with my limited pc skills

if you can not find it then your last option to use recovery software that recover deleted data
and wish that your deleted data is not overwritten by another data

but ask someone you know who can help you with this task as it will require some skills

hope that help and have a nice day

Thanks @justsomeone1 and @Aa-ron

you welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.