My current Brave appearance color has changed for no reason at all

Hello, my current Brave appearance color has changed for no reason at all. It used to be orange now it became blue-purple. You can see in the images below that the close all button color is different and all toggles in settings have change color. Please help, thank you!

My Operating System is Windows 10 22H2 build 19045.4412 (latest at the moment of posting)
My Brave version is 1.66.110 (also latest version at the moment)

1 Like

@keworil402,
Nothing to worry about here — this was a change implemented by our design team. You will see this happen from time to time from us (or really any company) as our Brand evolves and grows.

So it’s normal? Can I change it back?

Unfortunately no, I don’t believe so. I will check to confirm but at this time the design team has decided to go with this new “blurple” color for the brand (note that not everything orange will now be changed to this color).

I personally prefer the orange myself but the team decided to go a different route!

Okay, I hope there will be a way to change the color palette in the future. Thank you!

4 Likes

The narcissism and arrogance of ignorant ui designers evolves and grows at a rate much higher, in the majority of the technology space. Unless they are also planning to change the lion’s mane to blue in the logotype, this ugly change is completely off-brand.

4 Likes

Made an account just to reply and say that I really dislike this. Please let us go back OR choose our own accent colors.

4 Likes

Me too, just create an account to say this!!

4 Likes

Just created an account to say: please at least give me an option to change from blurple

4 Likes

The Brave icon has orange color.
The Brave community site has orange colors.

And somebody just changes the recognizable orange to blue just to “change” things? At least give us the option to use the old orange color.

Edit, forgot the best part. Whose brilliant idea was it to put, sorry, FORCE blue color, that is a darker color on a browser that can be set to dark or light theme?

Blue on dark background makes it way harder to read for a lot of people. Orange as a light color on dark background stands out a lot more.

6 Likes

I prefer too the orange color because Brave’s logo is orange

5 Likes

@BladeRy,
If we get reports of it being an actual accessibility issue (not just a personal preference or opinion) I’m sure we’d be happy to consider adding a way to address this.

Please bring back orange or provide options to customize, I too created a new account just to say this :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not even color-blind and this is the case. Why create an issue for no reason? It was fine how it was and looked better given the logo and even the reply button and text field I’m typing out right now is outlined in orange.

3 Likes

This was the main post in the Weekly Newsletter update for the forum and so I thought I’d see what was going on. I did notice the colour change of course but I’m surprised this is an issue, I personally prefer dark mode and it being darker. I also have this Brave Community Support site Interface settings changed to “Brave Private” too (which makes this site darker and more purple and blue). I prefer it as it is now but I can deal with it if they change it back, though it sounds like it’s a good idea to maybe give options. I’m curious if they’ll change the Brave logo and app icon, it would be nice to have a dark/black background rather than the white, but there are more important things to worry about, I hope we can all adapt though!

I Create an account here just to say the same, i’ve been using brave for years and disliked a lot this, bad move by UI team, they should at least give a native option to choose to any color (YEAH I DON’T WANT TO CHANGE WITH AN EXTENSION).

4 Likes

I went through all the pains of creating a new account just to comment this: whosoever was the “new manager” deciding to “change things” to make their presence felt should be sent back from where they came… this “change” was neither required, nor necessary. Please change back to orange, and stop hiring people who want to “change” things which are working just fine…

3 Likes

I also think it’s more ugly. It clashes with the orange.

1 Like

In future, hope there will be some option by which we can change the color ascent of the browser.

I don’t mind the new color but it doesn’t feel perfect since the browser logo and header of settings page have different colors. ;-;

I dislike the gradient color combination of that settings page too, would be great if we can change that as well. :joy::joy:

1 Like