My BAT coins disappeared after verifying my Gemini account

I had 22 BAT coins that disappeared right after I verified my Gemini wallet. They are neither in my Brave “wallet”, neither on my Gemini account.

Using Brave on Windows 10.

Tried to restart PC / internet, obviously nothing.

Everyone is saying that they lost their BAT when they verified with Gemini since March 2021. I don’t know why people still go for it, despite at least 5 people per day are opening a thread with the same issues…

Hope you will get that resolved. But next time, I suggest to check here before doing something you are not sure about. Might help to prevent stress and anxiety on your part :persevere:

Wow. Then Brave should remove Gemini as an option. No freaking way that this has been going on for half a year and they don’t do anything about it.

So prettty much it’s just a straight up scam

You can browse for older threads on here…
I think someone even posted on one just to make sure that the thread is still active.

But then again, people are not providing the information they are being asked by the team members. Instead they keep ranting and write negative stuff, without giving them a chance to sort the situation. Highly recommend to look into those threads and maybe you can get help via DMs

Gemini took your BAT. it is many time, a big s.came…

I think it shows as 0 until Uphold/Gemini processes payments. It will also show as 0 if you aren’t currently logged in to Uphold/Gemini. Make sure your status is currently shown as verified (connected) and wait until payment processing finishes.

It does show that I am verified. But I got no notification whatsoever.

They should probably add a notice saying “Your BAT isn’t lost! You’ll see it again in x days when payment processing finishes!”

@Dfelix if you still have not received your payment, please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!