Brave Rewards wallet balance removed when verified with Gemini

I’m having an issue with Brave Rewards. I’ve verified my Brave Wallet, with a verified Gemini account. However once I linked my Gemini to my Brave Wallet, all of my balance instantly disappeared. It has been at 0 BAT balance for about 15 hours now. Looking at my Ad Payment history, it clearly shows that I HAVE been payed in the past couple of months, and for whatever reason it is just stuck at a flat 0 BAT. I have tried unlinking my Gemini account, and my current balance is still at 0. What is going on here?

Edit: Here is what i’m seeing.
Hnet-image

1 Like

Welcome to the club. The same happened to me with Uphold several months ago and no news about the issue whether it was fixed or not.

same happened to me. Lost 30 BATs after connect to Gemini. Help desk from Gemini cant help :frowning:

Same here, connected to Gemini, lost all my BAT

HI @Neichello @Krystian @jammygit is this still an issue for you? If so, can you provide the following information in a DM:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately this would be no use to me, as I wasn’t getting any ads, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Brave which got the ads working again but obviously I have a new wallet now. So it’s too late for me, but I can assure you that 15 BAT vanished from my pre-reinstall wallet after connecting to Gemini. I bet this is happening to everyone.

In fact, I have been using Brave for about 3 years now and I have NEVER been able to withdraw any BAT, something ALWAYS goes wrong. This time, if I try to withdraw my new BAT again and it fails, I’m turning off ads forever. And I’ll go on a massive campaign for everyone to do the same. I’ve got nothing better to do than sit here on my computer and warn people to turn off ads.

Hi @jammygit, please send any of this info that you have:

Thank you.

Steeven, I am curious as to when you will get back to me on the DM i sent you.

same happened to me after connecting to gemini lost 8 BAT

Hello. I have the same problem, can I send you my information in DM as well?

Even I have the same problem, please help out. It’s been hours since I linked with Gemini and lost all BAT.

1 Like

hi, i am having the same issue as well. linked my gemini account and lost all my BAT. please help.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Also Gemini card is not visible in my brave browser. So I tried to connect my wallet via the option in the reward settings and ended up losing all the BAT coins. Is this a scam going on? Does even the content creator getting the tips we are sending?

1 Like

I just had the same issue. My Brave wallet no longer shows the ~170 BAT I had earned. This happened as soon as I connected my Gemini wallet.

Edit: This is resolved for me now. I did not do anything, no new browser update.

1 Like

The same issue happened with me. I just verified Gemini and suddenly balance became 0. Nothing is deposited in Gemini accout.

Got the same issue since last night. Accumulated BAT nowhere to be found either in Brave browser or connected Gemini account. Gemini support says that Brave support would resolve this and can’t do anything about it.
@steeven do you want me to send these details as well? It seems this is multi-user wide issue

1 Like

I have same problem, can you help me steven??? thank you.

Hey Steeven, I am new to Brave but I had earned some BAT and it also instantly disappeared when I linked my Gemini account. Could I also please send you my info to get some help with this issue? Thank you for your time

He has yet to reply to me after giving him the information.

I have the same problem when I linked both my laptop and desktop rewards. The laptop rewards finally appeared but the Desktop BAT is still nowhere to be found. Moreover, my October statement doesn’t show the 5+ BAT earned, and clicking on the TWO “Claim” buttons does nothing.
Wish I didn’t link to the Gemini wallet disappearing act…

edit: updated because my laptop BAT appeared in the Gemini wallet on the Brave rewards page once I began gathering info to DM