More and more sites not working ... "waiting"

Description of the issue: - many primary retail (walmart) and banknig (TD) sites “wait” for a very long time before allowing UID/PWD log ins. Also seeing 2 factor authentication forced in many because they claim use of a different browser or IP. Neither of which is true. They all work fine with Chrome.
How can this issue be reproduced? I can just try to sign into any of these sites at any time. Very consistent behavior.

1. www.walmart.com
  2. https://authentication.td.com/
  3. www.canadiantire.ca

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information: Again, all of these sites work using Chrome. This has only been happening for the past few (3-4) months. I’ve tried all suggestions made in the support forums. What’s next? Thanks

1 Like

I was able to log into Walmart with no problems so it seems to be a localized issue.

What version of Brave are you on? Looks like that field was left blank. Please make sure it’s at latest, 1.42.86 as of this writing.

If the issue continues:

What version of Windows are you on?

Is any antivirus or other security software (besides MS Defender) installed? If so, does anything change if you temporarily disable it?

Does the issue occur in a Private window?

Do you have any extensions installed/enabled? If so, does it still happen with them all disabled?

Are you using ‘Secure DNS’ settings in Brave? What if you turn it off?

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

Are you using a proxy?

What settings do you have in brave://settings/shields/filters ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.