Missing passwords on Windows 7

Hello i have the same issue please help if you can where can i found the previus version for windows7 i have the same issiue

any news about this ? i see is an old issue

i have the same problem happend today and have windows 7 and i cant get thelast version to, did you found any solution?

1 Like

@yohelp it’s hard to say as I have no idea what you might have done. Most people claiming that their passwords or other data disappeared had lost this info during an update. Windows 7 hasn’t been supported for a long time, so yours wouldn’t have been done in an update.

Passwords are encrypted using the OS keychain. If you messed that up (such as resetting your device or anything to damage/corrupt/delete your OS user info), then your passwords would no longer be visible.

Also not sure if you ran a program on your computer, such as Avast Cleaner or CCleaner, which could have erased the data. Or if you might have done a Clear browser data where you had Passwords chosen. The list kind of goes on.

You can always check out NOTICE: Unexplained Data Loss Issue but I think overall the answer is not much can be done for you. Especially since you’re using an outdated and unsupported OS and version of Brave.

Guess last thing I’ll do is tag in @Mattches just to see if he has any further details. But think is kind of limited, especially since you have given so little information.

1 Like

I was so focused on the missing passwords that I wasn’t even seeing where you asked about how to get the last version of Brave that worked for Windows 7. Sorry about that. I see where @scavxo shared a link where they provided an answer before and think they may be typing up more.

Hopefully their link/reply will resolve that aspect for you.

As for your missing passwords issues

I’m sure you might have your primary gmail or other services address(access)

Use the forget password feature and set the new passwords for all of the sites which you have saved passwords.

Sites which are important will be stored in your mind, as for other sites if you have saved a long list of passwords,-> Dont overthink about it, you will eventually come across the sites if a need for it arised… During that time, you will be able to gain access by setting a new password using the forget password feature.

first off all i didnt do anything i just left pc for a litle and after i opend broser the theme was changed and it showed a message that brave is no more suports win 7, i was log out from everywhere but the emails are still showin on log in pages, im trying to import from firefox some passwords that are there this doesnt work ether its like a bug, i think on the data file that the passwords are still there but for some reason brave cant read it, is there any way to decrypt this manualy? i also just tried the link with the last version and didnt change anything its the same version i allready run, is there any way to decrypt the file manualy or to install a previus version before 1.47.186?

first off all i didnt do anything i just left pc for a litle and after i opend broser the theme was changed and it showed a message that brave is no more suports win 7, i was log out from everywhere but the emails are still showin on log in pages, im trying to import from firefox some passwords that are there this doesnt work ether its like a bug, i think on the data file that the passwords are still there but for some reason brave cant read it, is there any way to decrypt this manualy? i also just tried the link with the last version and didnt change anything its the same version i allready run,is there any way to decrypt the file manualy or to install a previus version before 1.47.186?

You seem to be locked out , share the images of what you’re trying to achieve and what problems you are facing(screenshots of errors)

i just explaned to you what images you need? is there any way to decrypt manualy the data file or to install a version prior to 1.47.186?

i asked the screenshot of prompt which you see in

brave://settings/passwords

i think it is not possible to decrypt manually, if you have saved the .csv file, you could import it

If you dont have it, you only have the option to reset everything and start the recovery process.

Downgrading wont help you with this…

Make sure to read my previous response on this post to help you with recovery

Also, Do not Rely on sync or chromium team as they may not always be perfect

Take Backup of the most crucial data of browser and store it on cloud and multiple HDDs.

Update it for every 3 weeks once or whenever you make massive changes like if you have removed 100 bookmarks and added 30+ new ones, perform a backup, this will give you a peace of mind.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.