Microsoft Edge Pop-Up

Does anyone know how to prevent the automatic “Try Microsoft Edge Browser” prompt that keeps trying to coax people away from using Brave?

@fjrsalvat0,
I believe that by setting Brave – or another web browser – as your default application for web browsing, Edge will stop asking you to use it.

I have Brave selected. It’s an annoying small pop-up that comes up on start-up of the browser that says “Hey, try the new Edge browser from Microsoft” that you can dismiss.

@fjrsalvat0,
You might need to turn off the Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows option in Settings to get rid of this pop-up.

In Windows, go to Settings --> Notifications & Actions --> [Scroll down to] Notifications then toggle Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows “off”.

I have done all of this. I have also used a removal tool, to no avail…

1 Like

@fjrsalvat0,
Hmm interesting. Unfortunately, I believe this is an issue on the Windows/Microsoft end. I would look for/file a report with them and see if they can help you get this sorted out.

As Edge is Microsoft’s choice for browser you should use I doubt they will provide a fix. But thanks for your time and thought.

Good luck – hope you get the information you’re looking for.