Description of the issue: High CPU and Memory usage
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Start Brave
- Sit on just one page: facebook Messenger, with almost no activity.
- Have 25+ tabs that are visible, but never loaded.
- Leave it running, and do nothing.
- Monitor CPU and memory usage over time.
- At start, CPU usage can be 10% or more for several minutes, even when no other processes generating much CPU usage. And “normal” IDLE (no actions) CPU usage is 1-3%.
- If left for several days, memory usage climbs, reaching as much as 10GB even when no browsing activity of any sort occurs.
Brave Version: Version 1.1.21 Chromium: 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with all latest patches
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3920XM CPU @ 2.90GHz
Grateful for advice/assistance/rectification. Thanks!