I lost all my bookmark

Hello, I have lost all my bookmarks. It’s not in the bookmark manager or on my pc. It’s completely gone. Not sure how to get it back. I never thought to back it up because it never ever crossed my mind. Since I didn’t delete the bookmark so what possibly could happen? Please advise.

Thank you and God Bless.

Perhaps you still have the bookmarks backup file.

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Bookmarks.bak

If so make a copy and name it bookmarks in the same directory.

A good idea is every so often to save your bookmarks to html with the bookmarks manager.

@Topgun just a FYI, it’s hard to offer much advice or to figure things out if we don’t have information given. You didn’t share which OS you’re using (Windows, Linux, Mac? Also which version of that OS, such as Windows 11, Fedora, El Capitan, etc). Didn’t mention which version of Brave you’re using, as that can make a big difference. And in terms of posting, you didn’t choose a category or anything. You can see explicit details of suggestions at Creating Topics

That bit aside, is it only your bookmarks missing or did anything else disappear? Like did you have your passwords and history or is that gone?

Can you check to see if you might have created a new profile or have yours open to a guest window instead of your normal profile?

And yeah, you can test what Meeker-Morgan mentioned if you’re on Windows.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.