Lost All BAT Tokens!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I opened Brave this morning and it didn’t open as normal. Instead I was confronted with a blank page that was asking me to create a profile. In the end I did because I couldn’t otherwise get into it as I normally do with all my saved pages. And now I’m being treated as a new user because it’s asking me to join Brave Rewards again and as a result I’ve lost all my BATs. So understandably I’m not a very happy bunny!

Any way to recover them?
If not I don’t think I will bother to join again – no point – because there is no guarantee it won’t happen again.

Would be good to know if this has happened to anyone else.

Thank you---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Not sure what happened there. I would guess your old profile is still on your computer and may be easily available.
First, look at the top right of your Brave window. Hopefully between the address/URL bar and menu (three horizontal lines) is a circle with a color/design in it. If so, click it and see if a popup opens with the choice to switch profiles (then click the other profile and that should have all your old stuff and BAT). You can also manage profile from that same popup and delete profiles you no longer want.
If you don’t see a profile circle you could try going to: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data
You should see a Default folder for your default profile but keep looking in the directory for any folders starting with “Profile” (like Profile 1). If so, it’s still in there (maybe double check for that circle in the top right of Brave) and then you may want to post a new topic asking how to restore a profile in Brave (I’m not sure how to do that as I’ve never done it)…

Hi

Many thanks for replying to my post and explaining. Got that straight off the BAT (excuse the pun :-))
So now I know where my BATs are (on my other profile). Because I wasn’t aware of this I have been using the new profile and now have some BATs on that too. Is there a way to add them to my original profile I wonder? I’ve not transferred any of them to a wallet yet, maybe that is a way to get them all in one place?

Thanks again (the reply is much appreciated).

You might want to be careful, what happened to you is very similar to what happened to me - other than that there was some kind of link to “bravebrowsers .com” (no spaces) after it asked me to make that profile - which from AsAboveSoBelow’s helpful responses here has a pretty evil fake Brave download to push on you.

1 Like

Thank you for the warning. I will check this out. I have two profiles now and not much BATs on the new one I was asked to create. It occurred after a window update, which I thought strange. I can delete the new one and let the BATs go as not much on it. That way I will just have my original one again. From what you said it seems your old (original) profile disappeared altogether (that’s if I understood it correctly). Anyway, I will make some checks now. Thanks again

Just found out there doesn’t appear to be an option to delete a profile, only add one! I just went to task manager and only one brave there. The profiles are on the same browser and I can change from one to another (top right corner). But I don’t want two. Why does Brave not allow deletion of profiles I wonder? Maybe there is a way to do it that I don’t know about.

I go to manage profiles but no option to delete and yet it seems others’ have been able to do this … ? Now I’ve gone and accidentally created another one!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.