Brave reverted to default. BAT disappeared

A family member shut off the computer last night while my own profile was still logged in (but locked), with the Brave browser open. When I fired it back up this morning, my Brave browser had reverted to default, greeting me with the “Welcome to Brave” screen. The sync chain is gone (which can easily be restored), but more importantly all the BAT that I’ve earned this month has disappeared, and it’s asking me to again verify my Uphold wallet. Strangely enough, all my tabs are still open.

I probably only had around 1 BAT at the time, so it’s not the end of the world, but still kind of annoying. Is there a way to recover the lost BAT, should this happen more towards the end of the month? or am I SOL?

1 Like

@Cowabunga,
First, can you confirm that you’re using the same/correct profile? Seems silly but I’ve seen this happen several times before – check to ensure you’re using the appropriate profile:

Thanks @Mattches, it appears that I don’t have the profile icon. Can I assume that means there’s only one profile available? I do have the option to create a new profile in the menu.

Capture

@Cowabunga,
Yes I believe that is the case (that there is only one profile). Can you send me a direct message with your wallet Payment ID found on your Brave://rewards-internals page, so I can take a look on my end?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.