Lost all 34 BATS! Copied letter to support

Loss of Brave and BAT

Inbox

Richard Crane

to support@brave.com
4 hours ago

Details

To Brave Developer:

Thanks for your quick response to my review. I already tried to close and reopen my Brave browser to no avail. I could not get it back. I have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled other aps without loss of information, so, I thought uninstalling Brave and reinstalling it would return things to normal. It didn’t! I lost everything and became a first time customer again with 0.00 BAT.

I thought that since I was reinstalling to the same email address and phone number, my records, including BAT, would be preserved.

Can the 34.4 BAT’s be restored in any way? I know it’s a minor amount of money, but it would serve to restore my faith in Brave, which is otherwise an excellent browser.

Also, I tried in the past to verify my BAT’s with Uphold. No success! Frankly, I’m not impressed with their exchange anyway.

I thought of syncing with my desktop to use the Gemini widget, but, unfortunately, I didn’t.

There should be a way to restore the original information when the ap is uninstalled and reinstalled, like other aps do. You have my phone# and email from the original Brave.

If my original Brave and BAT can be done, I’d be happy to restore my review to 5 stars and recommend Brave to others.

Do you have a date when the Gemini widget will be available on Android?

Thank you for your Basic Attention (Token) to this matter.

Sincerely, Richard V. Crane

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!