Login & 3D-Mode in Google Maps Bug (sice v1.49.120 / still with 1.49.132)

Hi there,

I did the latest updates a few minutes ago and detected some annoying bug at the Google maps site (maps.google.de)

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Since the last update (v1.49.120) there’s a bug at the Google Maps site on desktop PC (Windows 10 / 22H2 / 19045.2673). Now I’m not longer able to login there to my Google account no matter how often I click on the login button. Every time I click on the login button the screen reloads but that’s it. Even if I’m logged in at the main Google site I’m logged out at Google maps with no possibility to login. I’ve also tested it with Brave Adblock on and of without any change of this effect.

2. Also since the last update mentioned above in Satellite Mode there it is not longer possible to change the view to the 3D mode.

Expected result:
Login should be possible / 3D mode should be available in Satellite view

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-Bit)

Please take a look at this issue and hopefully fix this bug soon.

Thanks & regards
Chezar

I have since found out that it is due to Brave’s cookie blocking feature. If I deactivate this, then the login works again, then you can activate the blocking function again. This is still a strange behavior, which I did not know until this update.

Unfortunately the workaround didn’t work well. The only method to get it done is to delete all cookies and log in to Google Maps… then it works some time until it’s broken again. Even after updating to version 1.49.132 the problem is still persistent.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.