Can't log in on google maps

I keep getting a notice that ‘we’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings’. I have enabled cookies and all other requests are too confusing to attempt. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @jayatee,

Thanks for writing in! What OS and Brave version are you using?

Hello Steeven. Thanks for the help you offer. Here is my problem. I can’t get a log in to Google to use Google Maps with Brave Browser. Just now, in trying to reply to you on the browser, I had trouble with a Yahoo sign in for email. I didn’t get a sign-in line to enter a code. I had to use an alternate, SMS, sign-in method.

Now to answer your question-

I am using Windows 8.1 OS on a Lenovo Idea Pad 5400 Touch laptop.

I have version 0.67.125 of Brave Browser.

If there is anything you can suggest I do it would be appreciated.

Thanks for your concern.

Hi @jayatee - to confirm, are you unable to sign in to any Google account?

OK Steeven, things are getting strange. I brought up Maps again and got a new message. This time it referenced java being turned off. Since I had no knowledge to turn java on I googled how to in Brave. I got an instruction, tried to do the suggestion. went back to Maps, found the original message about unable to log in, went back to settings, undid what I did (turned script blocking back on), went back and reloaded maps and voila, I’m signed in.

The answer to your question was yes, I was signed in on other google sites. Videos, Images, etc.

But I found that I had to sign in again to use Yahoo mail and again the initial box had no line to enter a code so SMS was necessary again to sign in.

This is a minor inconvenience though. Maps was pretty major. I really do thank you for your responses. I guess Brave will get better as time goes on. If you have any suggestions I look forward to hearing from you. Otherwise, I call my major problem solved for now. I’ll see what comes next when signing in and out for things.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.