Local results pop-up

Description of the issue:

IMG_424FD9B7EEDA-1|562x500

I am enjoying using Brave. However, I find the pop-up regarding ‘Anonymous local results’ frustrating. It pops up all the time. Is there a way to disable the feature (or set a default location) so that it doesn’t both me every time I search something?

Brave Version( check About Brave):
1.39 (22.6.3.14)
Mobile Device details
iPhone

@EHG20

You are referring to Brave Search, regarding ‘Anonymous local results’ ; correct?

Hi 289wk

Yes. I popped a link in for a screen grab from my phone… hopefully that clarifies things

1 Like

Do you use Brave Search in private browsing mode or regular?
Do you clear some webstie data manually?

That’s a good question. Erm, not sure. I’ll check:
In the settings ‘Brave Shields and Privacy’ I have most of the ‘clear private data’ checked (except ‘playlist offline data’ and ‘playlist media and offline data’). I don’t think I set these I believe these were automatically set. Could be wrong.
In terms of private browsing mode - I’m not sure! How can I tell if I’m in private browsing mode? I’ve searched. Probably I’m being blind… Sorry!

Any suggestions anyone?

@EHG20

IF using Private Browsing Only, then the Brave Search settings may be deleted, when the Tab that is connected to the Brave Search site, is closed -or- there is an Exit / Quit Brave Browser event.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.