Latest release not allow SafeinCloud extension to connect

Description of the issue: I use SafeIncloud password manager extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/safeincloud-password-mana/lchdigjbcmdgcfeijpfkpadacbijihjl) and after the last update it cant connect to the desktop program as you can see here.

It is not a extension problem because with chrome it works. What can I do?

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Safe in cloud extension from chrome store
  2. Update Brave to last version
  3. Try to use the extension

Expected result: The extension works

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Windows 10

Wiki where it says where has to the extension connect to

Thanks

I’ll second this. Exact same behavior with same Brave 1.21.73 (Chromium 89.0.4389.72) version (SafeInCloud says app not running, even though it is), but Google Chrome 89.0.4389.72 works fine. SafeInCloud v. 21.0.1 extension installed in both browsers. Tried removing then reinstalling the extension in Brave, no diff.

I was running the SafeInCloud W10 21.0.4 version, but uninstalled it and installed the Win7-8 21.0.4 version (works fine on Win10), no diff-still “app not running” dialog. Also rebooted Win10 PC, no diff.

Tried (as possible) steps in SafeInCloud’s wiki, no diff. But those things would also apply if Chrome wasn’t working with SiC, but it is.

Update:

Based on comments and idea from the below threads, I Disabled Settings/Shields/Trackers & ads blocking – a big deal since that’s global, and it kind of defeats the main purpose of using Brave. After doing that, the SafeInCloud extension in Brave is again able to see & access the running SiC app.

Some issues with launching the app observed in the latest version of Brave browser. Our team is working to find a fix for the issue

As of now, as a temporary solution, try to disable Trackers & ads blocking under Settings > Shields.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

To resolve the recently observed issue with the latest version of Brave browser, please, add @@http://localhost:19756/ in Custom filters under brave://adblock/ .

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.