Key Info Seed: Invalid issue on MacOS - Resolved

Briefly describe your issue:
I recently setup Brave and Brave Rewards. I have setup the browser on 2 Macbook Pros, a Pixel 5 android phone and a Samsung S6 Lite tablet. Everything looks to be working well EXCEPT one of my Macbook Pros. This computer says “Key info seed: Invalid”. This computer is the first one I setup and is the Sync master. I have linked my Gemini account and every thing looks to be setup properly. But I have not received any ads on this macbook pro. I tried uninstalling Brave and reinstalling and nothing looks to have changed.

Here is the info from the brave://rewards-internals/ page;

Key info seed: Invalid
Wallet payment ID: ------------ (edit: removed after fixing my isses)
Wallet created: 09/04/2021, 12:15:56 PM

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
MacOS 11.5.1
Brave 1.29.77

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Tennessee

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
No, but I am new to using Brave and crypto

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
n/a

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Not sure. I do have auto-contribute off. I initially setup Uphold, but then switched to Gemini when I realized it would be a better fit for me due to Uphold fees.

Thank you

I think I was just able to fix this myself. I went to my Brave Rewards settings page, clicked the gear in the top right corner to open “Manage my Wallet”. Then I reset my wallet. Then I quit Brave and reopened it. Then I turned Brave Ads back on. Then I linked my Gemini account and not my Key Info seed is showing as valid and I’ve already been shown an ad.

Hopefully these steps help someone else later down the road.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.