Kerberos authentication fails

Description of the issue:

After the latest update, the SSO/Kerberos authentication with my employer internal sites break on Brave on internet. They still work when connected to corporate VPN.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Launch Brave Browser
  2. Visit any internal corporate sites without connecting to VPN

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
The internal site shows me that I didn’t present a posture cookie. The same thing works on Chrome and Firefox

Expected result:
I am redirected to the authentication page.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
macOs Monterry (12.6)
Brave Browser Version 1.44.112 Chromium: 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:

1 Like

Hello there @mukul please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if the authentication can be completed? If it does, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

Thanks Kevin for the response. The issue was with Brave version 1.44. With the latest release v1.45, the issue has been resolved.

1 Like

Hello again @mukul glad to know that your issue was solved.

If you have any other concerns, please let us know or create a new community post so a member from our team can help you.

Regards. :lion:

Hello again @mukul glad to know that your issue was solved.

If you have any other concerns, please let us know or create a new community post so a member from our team can help you.

Regards. :lion:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.