AuthServerWhitelist Not recognized in the policy file on Ubuntu

Description of the issue: I added a policy file to be able to do kerberos single sign on (SSO) like I do for Chrome and Chromium (and it works on those). I added the following to the following location: /etc/brave/policies/managed/policy.json:

{
“AuthServerWhitelist” : “.example.net”,
“AuthNegotiateDelegateWhitelist”: “.example.net”,
“AuthSchemes”: “digest,ntlm,negotiate”
}

I made sure the file is readable by my user, and it does take effect since Brave settings now show “Managed by your organization”.

However, SSO doesn’t work. When I go to brave://policy, it shows that AuthSchemes is recognized, but the other options are not.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Follow the steps above on Ubuntu (18.04 is the newest my company allows)
  2. You will need a kerberos environment. This assumes the kerberos infrastructure is in place and that you have the ability to create a key using the kinit command
  3. Make sure you run kinit to get current a kerberos ticket before testing if the policy is working
  4. Check a site that is keberos SSO enabled (likely an internal company site). It should not prompt you for a password if you have a valid ticket. Also, you can check brave://policy and see that the settings have an error status due to being unknown.

Expected result:

SSO should work on internal sites and brave://policy should recognize these Chrome managed settings

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.