Description of the issue: I added a policy file to be able to do kerberos single sign on (SSO) like I do for Chrome and Chromium (and it works on those). I added the following to the following location: /etc/brave/policies/managed/policy.json:
“AuthServerWhitelist” : “.example.net”,
I made sure the file is readable by my user, and it does take effect since Brave settings now show “Managed by your organization”.
However, SSO doesn’t work. When I go to brave://policy, it shows that
AuthSchemes is recognized, but the other options are not.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Follow the steps above on Ubuntu (18.04 is the newest my company allows)
- You will need a kerberos environment. This assumes the kerberos infrastructure is in place and that you have the ability to create a key using the
- Make sure you run
kinitto get current a kerberos ticket before testing if the policy is working
- Check a site that is keberos SSO enabled (likely an internal company site). It should not prompt you for a password if you have a valid ticket. Also, you can check brave://policy and see that the settings have an error status due to being unknown.
SSO should work on internal sites and brave://policy should recognize these Chrome managed settings
Brave Version( check
About Brave): Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)