Keeps crashing on Mac latest OS

@sj1919,
Can you open your system’s Activity Monitor and check to see if any Brave processes are running? If they are, kill them and try to launch again. This applies to any/all Brave processes – including Helper/Renderer processes.

@Mattches No, nothing in Activity Monitor now.

@sj1919,
Very strange behavior. We just released an update to v1.5.112 today – can you try re-running the installer so that it will fetch/apply the latest updates? Note that no browsing data will be overwritten when doing this. If you no longer have the installer, you can re-download it here.

@Mattches So do I replace the existing app when dragging it into Applications? It still won’t delete my info and history and settings?

@sj1919,
Sorry I missed this – yes, that should be fine. To be safe, you can save a copy of your browsing profile – /Users/[YourUsername]/Library/"Application Support"/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser – somewhere safe. Then yes, replace the .app file you already have.

@Mattches I just did so and it didn’t work. Part of the problem seems to be that when I am re-opening the browser, I click Restore to bring back my tabs from before. And that leads to a quick crash. But even before I had tried not doing that and it still nonetheless ended up crashing later on anyway so it only delayed it.

@sj1919,

That’s very relevant information. Can you please

1. Tell me what sites you have the browser opening to when you do restore tabs
  2. Tell me what happens (right now) if you do not restore tabs

@Mattches Now it is crashing right away even if I don’t Restore and when I try to go to any site or even go to View History.

One thing I’d try is disabling extensions via brave://extensions. It’s possible there are some which are causing the problem. Something we need to fix, but would be good to narrow it down

I have gone through at least two crash reports for similar problem where user was using AdblockPlus and uBO on top of Brave’s adblocker. Do you have something similar enabled?

@clifton What is UBO? And do you mean disabling extensions temporarily or permanently?

uBO is uBlock Origin. I would try disabling extensions to see if it resolves the problem. Then maybe turn them back on, one-by-one. If we can narrow it down to a specific extension that causes the problem, that would help us understand where the problem is (so we can look into a fix) :smiley:

I too am seeing this, Brave lanches then quits in a second, I removed all the Brave files and reinstalled. No luck. This is on the latest version of MacOS 10.15.4 19E264b

It worked fine yesterday. Now nothing. I can provide a system report if needed

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.