Brave keeps crashing my Macbook

Hello. So I think I need support because my Brave browser keeps crashing my Macbook. Currently I am using another browser and now it’s not crashing anymore. However I would still like to continue to use Brave if it is possible but before I open my Brave and my laptop crashes again I seek advice in helping my problem.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to reproduce the crash because it just seems like it randomly crashes regardless of whatever I do when I use Brave (or even nothing and it’s just sitting there open while I do something else)

Currently using the following:
Os 10.15.7 Catalina Mac
Macbook pro 2017 13-inch
Brave version 1.44.108

Hope any1 can help me.

1 Like

Check the above topic, it could help you perhaps.

@Mattches @Jarc-1107 @Kevin_cc @Alice2095 Any assistance you can provide ?

1 Like

Hello there @winds can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Additionally, try the following to see disable Vulkan on your Browser Open brave://flags > search for Vulkan > Disable it.

Also if you are able to open Brave, please go to brave://crashes and send us your crash report. Once you’ve sent us the report, please provide the crash ID on this post so our team can have look.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.