Invisible new tabs are open in the background

Description of the issue: New tabs are open in the browser’s task manager that aren’t visible in the browser. If I close the browser, it continues to run because it thinks these tabs are open

How can this issue be reproduced? I don’t know what exactly triggers this, but I only started noticing it after I disabled the setting to close window when closing last tab, so I think it’s related.
I tried mashing ctrl+w on the new tab page but that didn’t trigger it.

Expected result: There shouldn’t be any new tabs open that I can’t see

**Brave Version( check About Brave): ** Version 1.44.105 Chromium: 106.0.5249.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I noticed this because when I would fully close the browser and later reopen it, it would open in a little window instead of fullscreen and it wouldn’t save the position I left it in. Eventually I realized that it’s happening because the browser isn’t fully closed. In the screenshot I attached, the browser’s task manager is open even though it appears that the browser is closed

@pcmasterrace609,
Thank you for reaching out. I’m wondering if any of your installed extensions may be responsible for this — would you mind disabling them, restarting the browser and then checking again to see if these “mystery tabs” are still present?

Thank you

Thanks for the quick response. It’s still happening

@pcmasterrace609,
Thank you for testing. Next, I’d like you to test this behavior using a fresh browser profile. Please create a new temp. profile and test to see if you see the same behavior when using it. Please ensure that you only have the one window open (with the new profile) when performing this check.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.