Installing Brave on MacOS Beta 6

Is there a beta I can install on Catalina Beta 6? When I try to install Brave I get the message Brave-Browser.dmg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. Contact the developer to see about an updated version.

Brave offers downloads for Beta, Developer and Nightly builds

Tried downloading all three, and I can’t open any of them. Says they need an update. Guess I’ll have to wait … Thank You

@B.Reed No you don’t have too. You can try to bypass Apple’s security mechanisms for Brave, if you trust Brave.
Open a terminal and use
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /path/to/file
replace /path/to/file with the path to Brave-Browser.dmg

Let me know if it works or if you need any further help. Using the terminal can be very scary for new users, but it’s quite easy if you know what commands you have to use, so give it a try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You Sir, will give it try.

So got it installed, and I thank you for that. The problem now is that it won’t open for the same the reason. I’ll wait, it’s not that important to me for now…

Well at least it’s installed now. I’ve read if you do right click and open, there might be a chance that mac Os asks you if you want to open it anyway.
If that doesn’t work I would try the same command again, but this time with the path to your Application file … under mac OS there should be an Application folder, where you find the executable. It’s at least worth a try!

1 Like

So Brave is working on my iPhone and I’m using iOS 13 Beta 6.

This did NOT work for me >:( Do you have any additional ideas? If not NP, Apple will get an earful later on tonight :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.