Infinity load in random pages ( ⇦ Slow loading or No loading)

We all from here are waiting for new fresh update so we can continue using brave like before.

1 Like

I know I can go on github, but I shouldn’t have to. I’ve been on Brave since the beginning and I’m starting to lose patience.Why can’t this be solved quickly? So any news on how long for a solution?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a little annoying. I expected today’s update to fix the issue but it didn’t.

2 Likes

Same issue persists here after 1.40 update today … I am on Desktop Linux via Chromebook.

1 Like

Probably the best way to monitor the situation would be to watch for the GitHub issue(s) to be closed out.

I notice someone submitted a PR also which he seems to think will fix it, but I have no idea whether there’s any validity behind this.

1 Like

Addendum to my earlier reply

A Mac OS Terminal.app command, for starting Brave Browser, including the switch of interest:

• --enable-features=NavigationThreadingOptimizations

. . . is within the following shell script.

Purpose of this script, is to make the (Terminal.app window) command line startup task easier.

After downloading this script to your Mac Desktop, change the .txt filename suffix to .sh (script name needs to be ‘BB_Mac_start.sh’)

Instructions are also in the script, and you may view and edit the script as you believe necessary.

BB_Mac_start.txt (2.0 KB)

UPDATED 20220709 Saturday

Recent Brave Browser for desktop versions, still DO NOT include the feature switch:

• --enable-features=NavigationThreadingOptimizations

So, I am guessing that Brave developers have made some improvement to loading speed, without that feature switch.

‘NavigationThreadingOptimizations’ is (terms: Navigation Threading Optimizations are) also NOT listed as a feature switch, in: brave://flags

While both:

• --enable-features=BraveShieldsPanelV1 (terms: Enable Brave Shields v1)
  • --disable-features=BraveShieldsPanelV2 (terms: Enable Brave Shields v2)

are listed as feature switches in: brave://flags

AFTER you start up Brave Browser from the command line, go to: brave://version and take a look at the Command Line: info.

1 Like

same issue here in linux.
getting to be a real pain

1 Like

Anyone still having issues, try enabling brave://flags/#enable-prerender2.

2 Likes

@fanboynz This seems to be fixing this issue for me! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Upgraded to 1.40.105 and so far problem has been solved. Hopefully it will last.
Thanks.

1 Like

Have seen th same on mine since the upgrade. Seems to be working fine now.

3 Likes

I would like to also report that after the latest upgrade the problem seems to have been fixed.

3 Likes

Working now for me as well. Thank you!

2 Likes

Still not working after new fresh update I saw few people wrote here that we need something to do through cmd to enable something ?

1 Like

It depends on the issue. The major, widespread one that I’m aware of should ‘fix itself’ upon the browser fetching a new config from upstream – in other words the problem should go away, provided that you’ve relaunched the browser recently (I’m guessing you probably have, considering you’ve updated it).

Then there was also this that you could try: brave://flags/#enable-prerender2

1 Like

Additional information from the the Brave GitHub issue report:
Many users experiencing extremely slow load times (or no loading at all)

atuchin-m commented

The issue was fixed by updating a feature config that is fetched by the browser from time to time.
Any release should works fine now.

Exception Instructions

atuchin-m commented

Guys, we recently have rolled out the feature to all audiences.
We believe you shouldn’t have this issue anymore.

If it seems you still have it, please restart the browser (to update the feature config) and check the symptoms.
The original issue had a few characteristic symptoms:

• Absolutely blank page, no any visible content;
  • True infinite waiting loop, not a delay (nothing is changed after minutes/hours);
  • Reloading the page usually helps;
  • Disabling Shield/DeAmp doesn’t change anything;

If the symptoms don’t look like this, please file another issue.

If you are absolutely sure that you have this issue please post here:

1 Like

This Version 1.40.107 I have for brave now and still trying to load some sites but without success.

Then there was also this that you could try: brave://flags/#enable-prerender2
This need to go just through cmd ? or Im missing something

1 Like

Type it into the address-bar just like any url.
You could also just type “brave://flags” to see all flags available

1 Like

Still nothing even after ‘‘enable-pretender2’’ its not working. I also tried wit new profile/ private window same results seems like its the end of the road for brave on my PC.

1 Like

If you wanna give up already, then feel free to do so.
I’m also new to this and i didn’t had any problem so far which i couldn’t solve by my own and i am sure not smarter than you.

hang on!

1 Like