Highlighting words and selecting "Search Google For" seems broken

@Mr_Internet

Mind you, this is a test, and the following is an example.

In the following example, there are TWO PARTS.

The FIRST part, is the executable path including the leading and trailing double-quote marks:

• "C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe"

The SECOND part, is the switch (aka flag) of interest:

• --enable-features=NavigationThreadingOptimizations

When COMBINED, there must be 1 SPACE character between the FIRST and SECOND parts:

• "C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --enable-features=NavigationThreadingOptimizations

In actual viewing of what you see on your Windows OS machine, you may already have the FIRST part followed by one or more switches:

• "C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" [followed by one or more switches]

You are going to ADD the particular switch:

to the existing tail end of what you see on your Windows OS machine, separating the switch by 1 SPACE character, from the existing tail end.

What I finally did, in order to make use of the proposed fix, switch:

In a Brave Browser > New Window, I sent the browser to: brave://version

I copied the entire Command Line string, to a text editor window, in which I could then edit the string.

brave_version_find_Command_Line_string

The leading part of the Command Line string:

• /Applications/Brave Browser.app/Contents/MacOS/Brave Browser

I replaced with the following string:

• open -a "Brave Browser.app" -n --args

then I added a single SPACE character, followed by all of the known switches (there are several) plus any flag switches.

IF there are flag switches, then they will begin with switch:

• --flag-switches-begin

and end with switch:

• --flag-switches-end

So, IF there are flag switches, then the proposed fix, switch:

I located BEFORE switch:

• --flag-switches-begin

IF there are NO flag switches, then I located the proposed fix, switch at the tail end of all the switches.

And I made sure to also include the necessary single SPACE characters, because there needs to be a single SPACE character that separates all the switches.

I am using 2 flag switches.

So, the altered Command Line string that I use, became:

• open -a "Brave Browser.app" -n --args --disable-client-side-phishing-detection [FOLLOWED BY MANY SWITCHES, AND THEN THE PROPOSED FIX, SWITCH:] --enable-features=NavigationThreadingOptimizations --flag-switches-begin [FLAG SWITCHES] --flag-switches-end

That is the Command Line string that I entered into the Mac’s Terminal.app window, in order to start up Brave Browser.