Issues accessing websites in Brave

I am using Brave at work and recently I am trying to access different pages of our website, and it just appears as loading. This seems to happen when I try to access a private page where I am supposed to be logged in to my account. I’ve spoken to our developer and there is no apparent issue related to the website. I’ve tried accessing the website using Chrome and other browsers and everything works fine.

Not sure what to do because this impacts my work and at the same time don’t want to stop using Brave because of it. Also this started happening since the latest update.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can potentially solve this?

Brave Version latest.

Thanks,

@Laura

Suppose your company website is: https://www.ourcompany.com/

Substitute your actual company website domain name for outcompany.com in the following steps.

In a Brave Browser > New Window, go to: brave://settings/cookies

Scroll down that settings page, to Sites that can always use cookies

Click the Add button. You will see an entry window:

Enter [*.]ourcompany.com as the site . . . but Do Not Enable:

• Current Private session only
  • Including third-party cookies on this site

Click the Add button

Next, go to: brave://settings/content/javascript

Scroll down that javascript settings page to Allowed to use javascript

Click the Add button. You will see an entry window:

Enter [*.]ourcompany.com as the site . . . but Do Not Enable:

• Current Private session only

Click the Add button

Test your access to your company web pages, by using both types of new windows:

• Brave Browser > New Window
  • Brave Browser > New Private Window

Sometimes you may need to reload a web page; and sometimes a couple reloads. Do not worry about doing so.

I just visited The Bleacher Report website. I clicked on the Allow selection for some of the sources of JavaScripts, in the site-specific Shields (v1) (Lion icon) panel (right end of the Brave Browser URL address field).

The sources that I clicked on in order to Allow, are therefore now showing the Block selection.

The sources for which I did NOT click on the Allow selection, continue to show the Allow selection.

When I first clicked on the site-specific Shields v1 (Lion) icon, I only chose to Allow the bleacherreport.com/ source.

The web page reloaded. After that reload, only portions of the web page showed some information. I could tell, that more JavaScript items need to be allowed.

So, in succession, I clicked on the Allow selection for the others that you see in the screenshot, that now show Block. Such as the following sources:

and there were subsequent reloads, to the point when the web page displayed well.

In other words, I approached the problem, step by step.

I recommend Brave Shields version v1

In a Brave Browser - New Window, go to: brave://flags

Search for: Enable Brave Shields

• DISABLE: Enable Brave Shields v2
  • ENABLE: Enable Brave Shields v1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.