Increasingly often, web pages do not come up in Brave on Mac

Increasingly often, some web pages do not come up in Brave. And these are pages that are showing with Shields Down. When this happens, I have to quit Brave and restart. Then the pages appear. And these are not simply odd pages here and there; here is a Youtube video page that only presented me with a blank page. Once I restarted Brave it came right up.

Mac 10.14.4
Brave Version 0.63.48 Chromium: 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Extensions installed: Save to Pocket and 1Password

I also discovered today, after a youtube video would not play, if I open a new Private window and run it there, it works.

Bump?

I find I have to restart Brave several times a day now, or else I cannot fully display quite a few sites.

@slobizman,
I think you need to clear your cache. Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data. You should probably clear just about everything and for all time. Once done, relaunch the browser and you should be fine.

I’ve done that, but it does not help.

If you click on the “people” menu, image
Go to Manage People --> Add person, create a new profile then try and browse as you normally would. Do websites appear as intended?

I’ll try that next time it happens. But I have tried a new private window session and that didn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.