Brave showing blank websites

Please see this short screen recording where Brave is showing blank websites.

• Extensions are off
  • Also happens in incognito
  • website works fine in firefox
  • There is HTML loaded, just nothing displayed visually.
  • Brave is up to date

Hi @DerekFroese,

Thanks for writing in, and for the video! Very helpful.

What Brave version are you running? Has this been the case since you started using Brave or just since the latest update? CC @Mattches for an extra set of eyes.

Hello Steeven, thanks for your attention to this matter.

This has been happening for some time across multiple Brave versions. I am currently on Version 0.68.139 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) which appears to be the latest.

@DerekFroese,
That’s very strange – seems like a graphics issue. Has this happened before or is this your first time using Brave?

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings and see if that helps?

Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I’ve been using Brave for over a month now. It’s happened many times before. Usually I just use Firefox for that site, and today is the first time I’ve reached out to support about it.

I disabled hardware acceleration and relaunched Brave; the issue persists without change.

@fanboynz would help it has something to do with the shield. I experienced the same issue with the site but once I turned off cross site tracker it came up. @Mattches

Hi Dgenies,

Yes, that seemed to solve it. “Cross Site Trackers” must be enabled for the site to work.

It would be nice to have the ability to unblock the trackers one-by-one so I do not need to enable all 8 in order to buy groceries, but could enable only the one that is preventing page loading.

Yeah could be a couple of filters. Give it the next 24-48hrs.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.