New tabs sometimes do not load, force closing the browser is only resolution

I’ve noticed for a few weeks now (maybe more than a month), seemingly randomly Brave will not load new webpages and I have to force close and reopen to get new pages to load. This happens. sometimes more than once per day and sometimes only a few times a week. Today when this happened, Brave was downloading an update, which I wasn’t initially aware of because it was happening in the background. Once the update was downloaded, I still couldn’t open new webpages and had to force close the browser to get new pages to load, and also fully implementing the new update that had been downloaded. This has been very disruptive as I have to then reopen all my tabs because they’re not automatically reloaded.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4
Brave version: [Version 1.8.90 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

*Note I changed the title of this thread after I had to force close Brave again today and didn’t notice an update coming through

Why hasn’t this had any replies? I’m still dealing with this problem, I can’t possibly be the only one

Do you see anything in Activity Monitor and Console logs or any crash logs that look suspicious.

Sounds like you are running out of either memory or swap space or HD space.

I don’t see anything unusual in Activity Monitor when this happens. I’m not running out of memory, it’s restricted to the browser. The rest of my Mac runs just fine while this happens

Have you tried a total re-install of Brave? You might have gotten a corrupted update.

Does the issue occur when “open in new tab” or when opening in current window?

Here is a long-shot: What DNS addresses are you using? Maybe try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.